Player Code of Behaviour
In addition to Netball Victoria’s General Code of Conduct, all players must meet the following requirements for behaviour during training, games or any other event:
- Play by the rules.
- Never argue with an official. If you disagree, have your captain, coach or manager approach the official during a break or after the game;
- Control your temper. Verbal abuse of officials or other players or deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent is unacceptable and not permitted at any time;
- Work hard, firstly for your team and then for yourself. Your team’s performance will benefit and so will yours;
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play whether by your team or the opposition.
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated. Do not interfere with, bully or take unfair advantage of any other player;
- Co-operate with your coach, team mates and opponents. Without them there would be no competition;
- Train and play hard, but also play for the fun of it, not just to please parents and coaches.